Re: [igraph] Rewire in general

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Rewire in general
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 23:52:32 +0100

Hi Nina,

> I was just reading some requests to change the rewire-function: I am also in
> trouble because I need a fast rewiring method that maintains the (directed)
> degree distribution and AVOIDS self-loops. I noticed that in November 2012
> somebody actually wanted the rewiring to include self-loops, and you fixed
> that
> 'bug', but actually I do not think it is a bug if self-loops cannot be
> created.
> In my opinion, it would be very nice to have a Boolean that allows switching
> the
> creation of self-loops on or off.
Do not worry, both methods are still in there; the rewire function will offer a
"mode" argument where you can specify whether you want to allow the creation of
self-loops or not.

> Another thing I noticed: The verbal description of the rewire-function does
> not
> make clear whether the permutation of undirected graphs is correct, i.e.,
> whether edges can be "picked" in both directions.
Thanks for the suggestion; the release process of igraph 0.6.4 has already
started so we cannot add this to the documentation of 0.6.4 but we will include
it in 0.6.5 or 0.7, whichever comes first.

All the best,
Tamas