Re: [igraph] install on Ubuntu?

From: Ron Lai
Subject: Re: [igraph] install on Ubuntu?
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:27:58 -0600

Thanks again. Can't wait to get my feet wet with igraph again. It's been a while!

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Ron Lai <address@hidden> wrote:
Tamas,

Looks like I was using "Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 LTS" and that wasn't working. (I'm using AWS EC2 for this)
Just went with a Vanilla 12.04 64bit (AMI: ami-f819a091) and that does the trick! Thanks for the debugging help. Its definitely easy but I guess I just didn't have the proper version of Ubuntu and started to try to compile from source, etc -- which got be kind of confused.

Thanks! Was able to render a red dot so perfect.

from igraph import *
g = Graph(1)
plot(g, "graph.png")

Best,
Ron Lai

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Tamás Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> pretty sure but let me try right now. thank goodness for virtual machines!
> would there be an issue with either 64 bit or 32 bit versions?
There shouldn't be any; I'm using python-igraph regularly on Ubuntu 12.10.