Re: [igraph] Igraph with JNI

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Igraph with JNI
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:04:32 +0200

Hi Gang,

Also if you could provide me with some of your proof-of-concept code that will be great.
I will clean up my code soon and commit it to the igraph Launchpad repository so you can take a look at it. The conversion between C and Java is not completely trivial as we have some C functions that are able to return multiple values via input pointers, and this cannot be reproduced easily in Java (e.g., if a community detection routine uses a pointer to a C double to return the modularity of the obtained partition if the pointer is not null, this cannot be translated directly to Java as there's no such thing as a pointer in Java). Anyway, if you take a look at the igraph source tree, we have an interface generator written in Python that is responsible for producing a large amount of glue code between R and C. I started adapting the interface generator to be able to do the same for Java and C, and this is already used in my experiments with a Java interface for igraph. This means that you will need a working Python interpreter to use my code.

--
Tamas