Re: [igraph] How to pass graphs from R to C extensions? .C or .Call ?

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] How to pass graphs from R to C extensions? .C or .Call ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:18:53 +0200

Hi,

while theoretically it is possible to use the .C interface to pass
igraph graphs to C code, in practice it is not. You need to use the
.Call interface.

There are plenty of examples on how to do this in the igraph source
code. Check Rinterface.c, that contains the glue functions between R
and the C library. The C code for the function itself should not
contain any R-specific code.

Best,
Gabor