Re: [igraph] python igraph, unicode and graphml

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] python igraph, unicode and graphml
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:33:36 +0100

Hi,

I'm using igraph from trunk (a few days ago revision). Do this formats
support unicode?
Well, we have never tried it. GraphML should be able to support Unicode in theory, but maybe igraph's Python attribute handler doesn't. I will try to investigate the issue and come up with a patch early next week if that suits you. In the meanwhile, I would try to convert all the labels to standard Python strings using UTF-8 encoding and then convert them back later after loading the graphs again. I think that should work.

--
Tamas