[igraph] Question about igraph and graph.data.frame in R

From: Peter Flom
Subject: [igraph] Question about igraph and graph.data.frame in R
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:49:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hello

I just got the igraph package in R, it looks great.  I have a very basic
question:

I would like to create a minimum spanning tree of a large data set.  I am having
some trouble creating the graph on which minimum.spanning.tree could work.

My data frame (named forclus) has 796 rows (people) and 524 columns (variables).
I can create a distance matrix using the dist function:

dist <- as.matrix(dist(forclus))

I can create names for the rows using row.names(forclus).

But in your documentation you list a rather small data frame, with three nodes
(foo,
bar, and foobar), 2 edges, and the weights entered by hand.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can go from my large data frame to a
graph,
and then to a minimum spanning tree?

Thanks in advance

Peter