Re: [igraph] dissimilarity-based community detection

From: Kurt J
Subject: Re: [igraph] dissimilarity-based community detection
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:47:46 +0000

Thanks Tamas for your quick response.  Two things, however...

1 - I am using python and just easy_installed igraph-0.4.5.  igraph.Graph.community_walktrap() does not seem to be present - do i need the development version??

2 - I think I mis-represented my intent by poorly framing my question in the previous email.  I already have a "dissimilarity" matrix - which is based on audio data (independent of network structure) rather than a random walk or brownian particle as in Zhou '03.  I am really only interested in the "back-half" of the algorithm, using the dissimilarity matrix and a threshold value to detect communities...

I suppose the best option is to implement this using numpy and igraph.Clustering() object?

Cheers,
Kurt J