Re: [igraph] Help for subisomorphism problem

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Help for subisomorphism problem
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:10:45 +0100

Zhigang Wu,

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 05:02:43PM +0800, Zhigang Wu wrote:
> Dear Gabor,
>
> Thanks a lot for your quick response and your TODO list! :) I will try the
> mentioned function.
> However, I have thought about the problem before I have received your
> message. My plan is as follow:
>
> 1. Delete the fixed nodes and all the adjacent edges in the two graphs;
> 2. Check if the reduced graph2 is a subgraph of the reduced graph1.
> 3. If step 2 is true, then check if the edges adjacent to the fixed nodes
> also exist in graph1.
>
> Do you think the 3 steps will work?

You'll need to search for ALL subgraph isomorphic mapping between graph1
and graph2 anyway, i think. Your solution might me a bit better, since
you calculate subgraph isomorphism for smaller graphs, but it is also
much more difficult to code. The solution i recommended is much
simpler and could be coded much faster, it is almost trivial
(not counting the igraph traps).

> Since I met some problems with the
> igraph_vector_t and igraph_vs_t objects, I have not finished coding yet (it
> always says that I have invoked wrong vertex ids when I try to delete the
> vertex from a graph). Sorry about the naïve errors, since I am still a
> newbie about IGRAPH.

You need to give me a reproducible example, best is a piece of code
that i can compile as a stand-alone executable.

Gabor