Re: [igraph] Question about the result of community structure detection

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Question about the result of community structure detection
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:31:13 +0100

Another possible error is that you don't initialize the results
vector/matrix before calling the _community_fastgreedy function.

You need to send us some small piece of example code you're
using, otherwise it is hard to find out the reason.

If you want to find the split which gives the maximum
modularity then you need to search for the maximum in the
'modularity' vector and then call igraph_community_to_membership
with the right 'steps' parameter.

These things (and everything else) are much easier to do from R/Python;
if you know one of these languages, you might consider to
switch.

Gabor