Re: [igraph] Question on igraph_community_fastgreedy

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Question on igraph_community_fastgreedy
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:19:37 +0100

const igraph_vector_t *weights

argument has no description... are these the weights described as the heuristics in the Wakita paper?
No, the heuristics described in the Wakita paper are still waiting to be implemented... :( These are simply edge weights. In the weighted case, the "degrees" of the vertices are defined as the sum of the weights of their adjacent edges, and m (in the original formula) is replaced by the sum of the weights along all the edges. This extension was briefly mentioned in the original paper of Newman.

Also, if I'm not interested in weights, can I use NULL?
Yes.

--
Tamas