Re: [igraph] igraph Python: ImportError: DLL load failed

From: Sall, Kenneth B.
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph Python: ImportError: DLL load failed
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:32:32 -0500

Tamas wrote> I just checked the libxml2 archive on http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/ . There is a file called libxml2.dll inside the bin subdirectory. Please try copying this to c:\Windows\System32 (or wherever the system32 subdirectory of your Windows setup is). Maybe you'll also need to do that for iconv.dll in the iconv archive.

Thanks. Yes, I had obtained the zips from the zlatkovic.com link. I moved both libxml2.dll (945 KB date 1/14/2008) and iconv.dll (868 KB, dated 5/3/2006) to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and rebooted.

Now I get a Windows alert message about “zlib1.dll” missing. When I scan my system, I find copies of zlib1.dll in various non-system areas such as Aptana Jaxer/Apache22/bin and C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 8.2 and C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin. Suggestions?

Kenneth B. Sall

XML Data and Systems Analyst
Advanced Concepts and Integrated Systems (ACIS)
Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)
7125 Columbia Gateway Dr., Suite 250
Columbia, MD  21046
410-953-7016 (office)

410-300-2997 (mobile)