[igraph] node data not being recognized

From: Matthew Russell
Subject: [igraph] node data not being recognized
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:49:53 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to use igraph to convert a graphml file to svg, and unfortunately, I am getting the following warning when using the latest build:

Warning: unknown attribute key in GraphML file, ignoring attribute in file igraph/foreign-graphml.c, line 618

This warning results in node data not being recognized properly for any node in the file. Am I perhaps misunderstanding the current limitations of igraph at this point, or should it be detecting my node data and outputting it in my svg graph?

Here's a snippet of my file to illustrate:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--  An excerpt of an egocentric social network  -->
<graphml xmlns="http://graphml.graphdrawing.org/xmlns";>
<graph edgedefault="undirected">

<!-- data schema -->
<key id="name" for="node" attr.name="name" attr.type="string"/>
<key id="gender" for="node" attr.name="gender" attr.type="string"/>

<!-- nodes -->
<node id="1">
 <data key="name">Jeff</data>
 <data key="gender">M</data>