Re: [igraph] Kautz Graph

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Kautz Graph
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:22:51 +0200

If thought relevant it may be considered for addition to the list of graphs
provided by igraph?
It's up to Gabor, he's the boss here :) As for me, I don't have any
objections...

PS: I'm glad about that the active thread on compiling igraph for the python
interface ended in success :) . Is the port to python in sync with the R
interface?
Both are more or less in sync with the current C core :) There are
some features which are provided by the R interface but not by the
Python interface (mostly because those are much easier to be
implemented in R than in Python - for instance, fitting of power
laws). Graph plotting in Python is a little bit unconvenient yet:
since Python does not feature a GUI, one must export the graph in SVG
format using the write_svg method and use an SVG viewer like Mozilla
Firefox. The next release of the Python interface will probably
include some GUI for plotting, but I'm still considering the possible
ways of implementation (for instance, the Cairo library).

--
Tamas