ifile-dev

RE: [Ifile-dev] Re: performance improvements

From: Paul Chambers
Subject: RE: [Ifile-dev] Re: performance improvements
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:30:21 -0800

Excuse me for being dense, but why the interest in moving the databases
between machines?

I would rather see performance optimization for the machine it is
running on, with a tool to export/import the native format to an
interchange format if and when the database needed to be moved across
architectures. Don't pay a constant performance penalty for a relatively
infrequent operation.

Paul