hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Fwd: [bug] 'kbd-key' button not working as expecte

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] Fwd: [bug] 'kbd-key' button not working as expected
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 10:17:51 +0100

Robert Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

> So why does your key chord binding trigger when you press your Action
> Key binding to activate the M-x command sequence you embedded in a
> buffer?  I don’t imderstand.  Spell it out in steps what the conflict
> is, if any.

With the key-chord package one can define pairs of ordinary keys and
bind them to a command.  The command is called when the two keys are
pressed (almost) simultaneously.

For example you could define a key chord from the keys "f" and "-" to
trigger the creation of a message.  (This example is completely
artificial.)

(key-chord-define-global "f-"
  (lambda () (interactive)
    (message "key chord f- has been activated!")))

With this definition and key-chord-mode on you get a message when you
press y and - within a predefined short time span (typically a fraction
of a second.)

With this setting use the Hyperbole action key on

{ M-x find-file }

and get

M-x findile

in the modeline and also find the message in the *message* buffer.

Okay, this is what I see.  Possibly it's an issue of my settings, but I
don't think so.  Maybe someone has the muse to try this out and to confirm.

To me this looks like key-chord-mode consumes the keys f and - somehow.

Ciao,  Marco