hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Rolo: automatically harvest address ?

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] Rolo: automatically harvest address ?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:30:11 -0500

> On Jan 9, 2019, at 11:43 PM, Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> as said in the subject, what would the best way to harvest email
> address automatically into my Rolo file ?

Write a small command that grabs the name and address and then calls hyrolo-add
from the hyrolo.el file.  If you learn how to create implicit button types, you
could press the Smart Key on an email address and have that happen
automatically.

> This is pretty easy to do with BBDB (the default behaviour?).

Yes, it has some convenience features that hyrolo does not and vice versa.

> Ideally, I'd like to insert (or update if already existing) a new
> entry either on a specific node (Harvest) or into a totally different
> Rolo file (harvest.otl).

You could program that as well or have someone do it for you.

> An entry would just consist of a name (if provided) and an e-mail address:
>
> .harvest.otl:
>
> * John, Doe <address@hidden> 2019-01-10
> * Jane, Doe <address@hidden> 2019-01-09

That's pretty much what hyrolo-add does.

> Obviously, the system would not add duplicates.

Yes, it looks if an entry is there and if so, updates the date and let's you
edit the entry manually.

> Do you think this can be done easily ?

It would be easy for a programmer or a smart person willing to study and try a
few things.

Bob