hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Koutliner doesn't autonumber or do anything "smart

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] Koutliner doesn't autonumber or do anything "smart" for me
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 22:18:36 +0000

Hi Tao,

> Tao Hansen writes:
> Please forgive the many emails. I have finished the Hyperbole DEMO and am now
> trying to come to grips with Koutliner. I created a "test.kotl" file in my
> home
> directory. My modeline tells me I am in Kotl-mode. So I do the first thing I
> can
> think to do which is to make a numbered list. The mode's behavior is as if I
> was
> writing a file in fundamental-mode or no mode at all. My text remains
> unformatted. Further numbers must be manually entered, etc.

When you create the file "test.kotl" you should see something like this in the
buffer:

   1. <Your cursor here>

Do you get this? If so what are you trying to do next and what happens?

> I am interested in switching from an org-mode based workflow so I can fully
> leverage Hyperbole since fundamental features like implicit buttons, TRAMP
> directory paths, and web URLs remain inaccessible in org.

There might be conflicts between org-mode and Hyperbole that we would need to
look into why they happen. If you can provide some examples it will make it
easier to reason about the different cases.

Yours
--
%% Mats