hurd-devel

gnumach release

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: gnumach release
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 04:40:01 -0500 (EST)

Hey, what say we release GNU Mach 1.3?  I have the sensation maybe I
brought this up before and we never quite caught momentum.

I think it's getting to be about time to release the "stable" 1.3 and say
it will probably be the last 1.x release, make a 1.x release branch and
mainline oskit-branch as "development towards 2.0".  OSKit-Mach is still
not quite ready for prime time, but it is getting steadily closer thanks to
Marcus, and we certainly seem to have achieved unanimity on the direction.
If we are ready to have 1.x good and ossified, then I will be much more
comfortable making random cleanup changes to the Mach code in the
development mainline.

Does anyone know of any gnumach changes that ought to go into a 1.3
release?  I'll do a housekeeping release of mig beforehand too (mig-1.3).

Comments?