help-zile

[zile-devel] CVS zile crashing on initialisation

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: [zile-devel] CVS zile crashing on initialisation
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:42:50 +0100 (BST)

David,

I can't find any problem here: having rebuilt from scratch from up-to-date CVS, if I just start up and shut down zile, valgrind reports no memory errors.

I wonder if there's some error condition (to do with the use of termcap) that I'm not checking for, e.g. some capability not existing, but most of them are checked, and the gdb backtrace you gave suggests something weirder (in particular, the NULL argv).

Sorry I can't be more help just now. If you could get info from valgrind, that might well be helpful (generally I use valgrind first, and gdb if I need to look more closely at the events leading up to the bug!).

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | What you don't know controls you