help-zile

[zile-devel] termcap display now seems solid

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: [zile-devel] termcap display now seems solid
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:20:38 +0200 (CEST)

I'm finally fairly happy with the termcap interface. It seems to work fast and display correctly.

I have introduced one or two other minor bugs, but it's now worth testing CVS zile again. In basic usage, it is valgrind-clean. Once I've fixed the one bug of which I'm aware (to do with filename completion) I shall be porting zile to Symbian OS, which was an important sub-goal of switching to termcap (I have a termcap emulation for Symbian OS, from eemacs (eemacs.sf.net)).

There is quite a lot of code cleanup that I could continue with after this, but once I am happy with zile on Symbian I will be taking a rest, and I intend to release zile 2.0 (I think the change in version number is warranted by the massive changes; if I were really into version numbering, I would call it Zile 2 v1.0!).

BTW, I am keen that all the HIGH PRIORITY TODO items be done for zile 2.0, because although I've removed a lot of features I consider inessential in a tiny editor, I am keen to have a full complement of basic editing features.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur (Anon)