help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] ripping scratched/damaged VCDs

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] ripping scratched/damaged VCDs
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:41:31 -0800

Try a disc polishing kit or if you lack that and are willing to take a small risk you might try carefully rubbing the scratches with toothpaste.
Hello all,

I am trying to rip slightly scratched/damaged VCDs. When I run vcdxrip, it quits with an error message when it gets to the damaged part. Is there
some way to get vcdxrip to ignore MPEG packet errors or work in something
like paranoia mode?

I tried cdrdao as well, and I think that grabbed the whole image, but I was not able to extract the mpeg file from the dumped bin(?) file. I'm
guessing that vcdxrip is having trouble reading the TOC files generated by
cdrdao.

Can someone please suggest a way out?

Versions: vcdimager-0.7.23-3, cdrdao-1.1.9-8, SuSE 10.0.

Thanks,
Mandar.