help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] stat: value too large for defined data type

From: Kevin DeGraaf
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] stat: value too large for defined data type
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:13:55 -0500 (EST)

> 3223486464 bytes... that's quite large to fit on a CD-R... and it seems
> it doesn't fit into struct stat as well... (32bit restriction, I'd have
> to use a 64bit-stat() variant, but there's little reason for it right
> now, since vcdimager wouldn't be able to handle such big files anyway
> for VideoCD's)

I was under the impression that vcdimager would take care of the
downsampling or transcoding or whatever was necessary to fit my 3.2 GB
file onto a 700 MB CD.

Apparently I was mistaken.  Would you recommend using mencoder/transcode
(or the like) to shrink the file before using vcdimager?

The file is that size because it's the output of an ivtv-based encoder
card.

--
Kevin DeGraaf