help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] An SVCD with no <sequence-items>

From: David Given
Subject: [VCDImager] An SVCD with no <sequence-items>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:50:59 +0000

I'm trying to construct an SVCD which consists entirely of layered menus. A
photograph album, actually. (This is related to my other query.)

Unfortunately, vcdimager refuses to build the disc image without at least one
<sequence-item> of at least four seconds. Currently I'm just using some
random video I happen to have lying around.

Is this a restriction of vcdimager or of the SVCD format itself? Is there any
way I can get round it? If not, is there any way I can artificially construct
the smallest possible mpeg file to use for this track? Because my disc will
be useless without PBC, I'm not particularly interested in compatibility with
non-PBC players.

And are there any limits to the number of <selection> and <playlist> nodes on
a disc? I'm currently looking at three to five hundred...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+
+- www.cowlark.com --+