[help-texinfo] Problems with inconsistent indentation in a @table in an

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: [help-texinfo] Problems with inconsistent indentation in a @table in an @itemize.
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 18:52:16 +0000

Hello, Texinfo.

In a part of the (Emacs) CC Mode manual, I'm now seeing this
indentation in text built by makeinfo in Texinfo 6.6:

     Style
 File Style(2)
 Top-level command or "customization interface"
 Hook
 File Local Variable setting

, where originally the following correct indentation was generated:

    Style
    File Style(2)
    Top-level command or "customization interface"
    Hook
    File Local Variable setting

.  The source which produces these snippets is:

@itemize @w{}
@item
@table @asis
@item Style
@itemx File address@hidden earlier versions of @ccmode{}, a File
Style setting took precedence over any other setting apart from a File
Local Variable setting.}
@itemx Top-level command or ``customization interface''
@itemx Hook
@itemx File Local Variable setting
@end table
@end itemize

.  Why are the second and subsequent elements of the @table no longer
being correctly indented?

Is this a bug in Texinfo, or some misunderstanding on my part?

Thanks in advance for the help!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).