Re: [help-texinfo] html output of the manuals ToCs

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] html output of the manuals ToCs
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 10:06:44 +0900

On Mar 3, 2019, at 5:56, Gavin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:40:26AM +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
I'm using the same parameters for the intro, the emacs manual and the lisp reference:

HTML_OPTS =  --html --css-ref="../../emacs.css" --no-header --split=chapter
HEADER_IN_TABLE = true
DEF_TABLE = true
TOC_LINKS = true
VERTICAL_HEAD_NAVIGATION = true

in the cas of the emacs manual I have a [contents] link that goes to the Table of Contents, but in the case of the intro and the lisp reference the link goes to the index, not to the ToC. I am not sure that's the expected behavior and I'm not sure if it's not something on my system...

I don't know what the "intro manual" is.  Can you try to create a small
example file along with instructions on how to get the output with the
link going to the index?

The "intro" is "Introduction to programming in Emacs Lisp".

I tried yesterday again with all the split options and only the no-split produced a ToC in the 3 manuals.

For the emacs manual, all the other split options (node/section/chapter) produced a ToC, but for the elisp reference and the elisp introduction non were created and the [contents] links point to a "index.html#SEC_Contents" that doesn't exist.

Jean-Christophe Helary
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune