Re: [help-texinfo] <title> in multi-node HTML

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] <title> in multi-node HTML
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:28:05 +0000

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 06:41:02PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was searching about conflicts in Bison on the web, and saw this:
>

> « Understanding » is quite not a nice title, so I clicked to check, and got
> this:

Where did you see "Understanding"?

> Is there a means to use the section name rather that the node name in the
> generated HTML?  It???s quite common to have a very short node name, but a
> fully blown section name, so the latter seems more appropriate to me.
>
> Even in Texinfo???s own documentation, you have for instance the title « One
> argument », which hardly makes sense alone:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/One-Argument.html
>
> but the page is
>
> 6.4.1 @xref with One Argument

The URL of the page has to follow the node name so that other pages can
link to it.

I see on
https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/_0040xref.html#g_t_0040xref

the link to the page is labelled "One argument" - is that the kind of
thing you think could change?

There is the "@xrefautomaticsectiontitle on" option, which may give some
of what you are looking for.