[help-texinfo] memos with texinfo

From: Matt Wette
Subject: [help-texinfo] memos with texinfo
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 17:16:46 -0800

Howdy folks.  I am new to the list. I have wanted for a while to be able to
write memos with texinfo.  However, I could not find anything on the web or in
the distribution for doing this.   I also went through the help-texinfo archive
but saw nothing, but got a few hints.   Below is my first attempt.  If you run
texi2pdf on the included demo.texi file, which includes memodefs.texi, you
should see what I mean.  Comments welcome.  — Matt

\input texinfo.tex
@setfilename memodemo.info
@settitle Demo of Memo Mode

@include memodefs.texi

@ifnottex
@node Top, Introduction, (dir), (dir)
@top Introduction
@end ifnottex

@copying
Copyright (C) 2017 -- Matthew R. Wette.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.  A
copy of the license is included with the distribution as COPYING.DOC.
@end copying

@headings off
@everyfooting @| @thispage @|

@title Demo of Memo Mode
@subtitle rough and incomplete
@author Matt Wette
@vskip 5pt
@quotation
Copyright @copyright{} 2017 -- Matthew R. Wette.
Permissions regarding this document are provided in the ``Copying'' section.
@end quotation
@vskip 5pt

@menu
* Introduction ::
@end menu

@node Introduction
@section Introduction

Texinfo is a tool for generating software manuals.  Once in a while one
might like to generate a memo with texinfo.  This means no titlepage,
no chapters, no pagebreaks unless requested, etc.  While a PDF output should
look at described, makeinfo should also work, too.  In addition page
number should appear at the bottom, reference should still work but
having an index probably does not make sense.  More brainstorming to
come.

@section Copying

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.  A
copy of the license is included with the distribution as COPYING.DOC.

The Free Documentation License is included in the Guile Reference
Manual.  It is included with the @sc{nyacc} source as COPYING.DOC.

@bye
@c --- last line

@c memodefs.texi
@c
@c This file is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
@c it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
@c by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License,
@c or (at your option) any later version.
@c
@c This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
@c WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
@c MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
@c General Public License for more details.
@c
@c You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
@c along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
@c
@c v170228a - M.Wette
@tex
{\globaldefs = 1
\def\seczzz#1{%
  \global\subsecno=0 \global\subsubsecno=0  \global\advance\secno by 1
  \sectionheading{#1}{sec}{Ynumbered}{\the\secno}}
\def\numberedsubseczzz#1{%
  \global\subsubsecno=0  \global\advance\subsecno by 1
  \sectionheading{#1}{subsec}{Ynumbered}{\the\secno.\the\subsecno}}
\def\numberedsubsubseczzz#1{%
  \global\advance\subsubsecno by 1
  \sectionheading{#1}{subsubsec}{Ynumbered}%
           {\the\secno.\the\subsecno.\the\subsubsecno}}

\parseargdef\title{{\titlefonts\rmisbold \centerline{#1}}\vskip4pt}
\parseargdef\subtitle{{\chapfonts\rmisbold \centerline{#1}}\vskip4pt}
\parseargdef\author{{\secfonts\rmisbold \centerline{#1}}\vskip4pt}
}
@end tex
@c --- last line ---