Re: [help-texinfo] Texinfo -> Docbook w/makeinfo 4.8 and 4.8.90

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Texinfo -> Docbook w/makeinfo 4.8 and 4.8.90
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:47:57 -0600

    And then, I was *REALLY* surprised that the CVS version produced a
    docbook file which seems to be perfect.

Thanks to Per Bothner.  Yes, I'm sorry I forgot to mention that he had
done a lot of work in this regard.

    When those fixes will go upstream?

I do not know when I'll be able to make the next texinfo release.
Perhaps in the first quarter of 2007, but I can't promise.  There is no
way it will be sooner.

    We really would like to avoid users who compiles cinelerra (the
    application the manual is for) to download the CVS version of texinfo,

Sure.

Assuming you want to make a release earlier than I do, my only
suggestion is to generate the docbook file and include it in your
distribution.  That way only users who care to modify the documentation
would need the CVS texinfo.

Best,
Karl