help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] Unicode files ?

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Unicode files ?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:17:43 +0200

Lionel Fumery wrote:
Hi,

I'm new with Source-Highlight, just began a week ago in fact. It works fine, but I have some understanding issues about Unicode files.

For example, create a simple text file, saved as unicode, with only the word "test". If you edit this text file with an hexadecimal editor, the content will be FF FE 74 00 65 00 73 00 74 00. In this sequence, FF FE is the unicode marker.

When highlighting this file :
    source-highlight test.txt --line-number

As you see, the Unicode behavior is just missing.

Could you please explain me if this is supported by Source-Highlight, and how can I enable it ?

Thank you a lot for your help!

Hi Lionel

actually I never dealt with unicode character thus source-highlight probably does not support it...

has anybody got any idea on how adding such support to a C++ program? Is it just a matter of using wchar for strings?

thanks
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net