help-snakecharmer

[Help-SnakeCharmer] justice of the peace attainment

From: Maria Riley
Subject: [Help-SnakeCharmer] justice of the peace attainment
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:12:25 -0300

She never mentioned murder, or even alluded to murder.
But I never understood why they get stranded so far inland.
He wanted to stop us on the road; and his trick for doing it was to stage a murder.
Then I saw that this applied to all the other outrageous details. And there simply isn’t any question about it. No Anglican parson could be so wrong about every Anglican problem.
At last he said, before the others could speak: ‘And what do you suggest that we should do now? Nobody in the village knows yet, I think, about your autopsy and its result. That’s why I didn’t suspect him as I did the parson. I had another fancy about her, that would seem even more irrelevant. He’s a white - haired studious old bird, more easily shocked than the spinsters. Two much more prosaic and perhaps more practical interviews followed this melodramatic scene.
Are you one of those idiots who think we don’t admire love and marriage? He had written tragedies in verse which had been admired by good judges.
He wasn’t telling the villagers that the village was only a hamlet. We all refuse to see him, except the doctor, who did see him; and the doctor says he’s mad.
Of course, he thunders against my other theatrical tastes as well. Now he knows he is free of the blackmail, he lets fly; and I can’t say I blame him much.
His first interview with the mysterious widow was brief but bright.
Father Brown nodded, frowning, as if revolving a riddle of his own; and then said: ‘A model son.