help-snakecharmer

[Help-SnakeCharmer] equate hook

From: Laurence Pagan
Subject: [Help-SnakeCharmer] equate hook
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:49:42 +0200

If a man works, he shall not have less than the basic wage, be heeven a lying lawyer. Jazs plump, pale face was stillimpassive, inscrutable, and his clothing was in order. Andput em on a basic wage like all the rest: one job, one wage. In they went, suddenly,like bombs into the wave, spitting back the water. Perhaps it is the bitterest part, to keepstill through it all, and watch and wait. And when it is treated as if it were a whole, it becomes a disease, avast white strangling octopus. He was distressed, but it made him feel more remote. And when it is treated as if it were a whole, it becomes a disease, avast white strangling octopus. Theyve got more greedybrains in the seats of their pants than in their top storeys. He was distressed, but it made him feel more remote. Richard found himself in the street with Jaz and Jack, both of whom weresilent. Blowed if I know, answered Jack, like a drunken man. You cant deny that, if you assert the sacredness of work. They flashed with asharp black motion as the great wave curled to break. Workers first, andwhatever soul we have, it must go first into our work. Jaz poured out a measure of whiskey for himself and one for Richard. So suddenly, and socompletely, to abandon him. Yet he wanted to go back into the town, into the melee. Stay here, he said, while I go and have a look round. Everybody had started up savethe Diggers. And love has only service as itsmeans of _expression_. Poor Richard, he went away almost blinded with stress and grief andbewilderment. Richard was more and more tormented in himself. The sonorous gloating in the sound was unbearable. Join hands with the workers of the world: just a fist-grip, as a tokenand a pledge. Then why did you come to me this morning? It was a strange sound,heavy, hypnotic, trance-like. Look at your lawyer charging you twoguineas for half an hours work. You bark at me as if I were Little Red Riding-hood, he said, smiling. Willie Struthers, his dark-yellow face gone demoniac, stood and facedthem. Somers sat down, only anxious to behave himself. Jacks iron bar, for instance, nobody mentioned. Young fellow like mes got to keep an eyeon him, see hes all right. It was a kind of grief, a bitter, agonisedgrief for his fellow-men. Let us abide by it, and shape things to fit. Call it a curse, call it a blessing, call it what you like. Weve got to save the People, weve got to do it. Dont you move, thundered Jack, and she relapsed into silence.