help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] gst projects

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] gst projects
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:12:36 +0200

In a blog comment
(http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/nico/sandstonedb-now-ported-gnu-smalltalk)
I wrote:

  What I'd consider to be much more important is having a well-known
  place where gst-related software is to be found. Perhaps the greatest
  problem the beautiful Dolphin Smalltalk had, even in the "good old
  times" was a lack of such a thing.

Paolo replied:

  The best well-known place is this site: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project

As far as I can tell, this provides a place for keeping information _about_
the project, not actual storage for the code. Is this impression correct?
If so, there's a good chance of teeth gnashing when sites move and links rot.

I'll have to try it out anyways, as it looks like I actually wrote a useful
POS---piece of software, not a decrepit used car--- which seems to have
gained a vibrant user community of 1 (waves to Nico).

s.