help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Some questions about the class browser

From: L. Rotger
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Some questions about the class browser
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 07:52:05 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your quick replies, I'm playing with the class browser and trying to read some example programs and devise the logic behind them. I have three more doubts:

- how do you search for a method that you don't know what class it's implemented in? If you have a call to the method on screen you can do 'method/implementors' but what if you can't find any call to it but you know it exists somewhere? - What's with the <primitive> calls? Is it C code? Is not the whole Smalltalk implemented in Smalltalk? Or does it use C functions for efficiency? - In the class browser you can select groups of methods like 'accessing' or 'testing' but how can you view all the methods for the class at once?

Thanks,
Lucia