help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] Any way to sort in a descending order?

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] Any way to sort in a descending order?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:32:03 +0200

Hi Héctor.

    The manual says that "The sorting is always done in ascending
    order". Since I need a report sorted by quantity in a descending
    order, I thought that storing the quantity multiplied by (-1) will do
    the trick, but even though the quantity is stored with a negative sign
    the sorted output ignores the negative sign, as if it only pays
    attention to the absolute value, so the output is basically the
    opposite of the desired one.

    Is there any way to get the output in a descending order?

Not using recfix.  That's something I want to implement, because it is a
rather silly limitation.