help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] Select records by number

From: F.
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] Select records by number
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:22:38 +0100

Ouch' Jose,

thank you for so quickly to meet that request, I'm very please about
your consideration about it.

>     select a range and specifics records
>     recsel -n 1-10,15,17,20-23 path_to_my_file
>
> I like the idea.  It will go in the 1.5 release, scheduled for the end
> of January.

Great ! Great !

>     select 5 random of records
>     recsel -r 5 apath_to_my_file
>
> Easy to implement, so it will go in 1.5 as well :)

Great ! Great !

>     For the a random record I use this in my script:
>
> I am curious: what are you using the random selection feature for?  A
> file with fortune cookies?  The message of the day?

Are you read my mind ;)
You're right, I use random to select a random quote with conky on my
root window.

rec file is more simple, human friendly, scalable and editable than
fortune (you don't have to use strfile).

---

%rec: Cookie
%sort: Auteur

Citation: The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.