help-panorama

Here's the full press release, so you can reach your own conclusions.

From: straight
Subject: Here's the full press release, so you can reach your own conclusions.
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:15:38 +0100

With all our faults and the variety of views, as a group we will stick
together when it counts. If we are unable to work the situation out
peacefully, that may change.
Novell has a significant patent portfolio, and in reflection of this
fact, the agreement we signed shows the overwhelming balance of payments
being from Microsoft to Novell. The intended effect of this agreement
was to give our joint customers peace of mind that they have the full
support of the other company for their IT activities. I'll try to fill
in the blanks as I have time.
Patent threats, FUD or otherwise, count.
SSSSS
Rumor's circulating and keeping the focus on the company's news.
Trade Date : Monday, Nov 27, 2006
Name : CHINA HEALTH MGT
Ticker : C N H C
Opening Price : $1.44
12month Target : $7-$8
Market Performance : 100-300%
Sick of hedge funds and flippers getting all the great new issues?
SSSSS
There are other issues too. It gives customers confidence that the
technologies they use and deploy in their environments are compliant
with the two companies' patents.
is asserting against dynamic websites, and in connection with that it
has filed prior art that the USPTO was not aware of when it issued the
two patents in question. I dare anyone to view it and write such
nonsense ever again.
It will help you to understand why I refuse to link to any of his
articles. Explain that to your shareholders.
Just one more manufactured smear against IBM that doesn't bear close
examination.
Patent threats, FUD or otherwise, count.
He is reviewing the actual agreement. That is the link to the patent
agreement. It's hard to focus on SCO  when we're now into Son of SCO.
If IBM wins first, clearly that helps Novell's case. That is why they
care, and that is the difference. Novell has sent a letter to Judge Dale
Kimball, with a suggestion. Talk about disappointed.
Talk about disappointed. Jonathan Schwartz is saying that Eben and
Richard Stallman were stunned when Sun called them.
The solution, should one need one, would be not to use or develop for
OpenOffice.
They mention the patent aspect of the deal, by the way, prominently. How
do you like this sentence?
That is a no no, so she ruled that the evidence that wasn't on the table
with sufficient specificity, as ordered,  by the discovery cutoff
deadline could not be used by SCO.
There will be no way to divide GPL developers into paid and not paid.
org, and  the GPL wasn't implicated in any way.
You can't ask for royalties on GPL code.
With all our faults and the variety of views, as a group we will stick
together when it counts. I'll try to fill in the blanks as I have time.
That is the link to the patent agreement. Novell's lawyers seem to have
SCO in  a terrible tizzy.
The solution, should one need one, would be not to use or develop for
OpenOffice.
In this case, it prefers to reserve its vote until after the air clears
and everyone knows what issues are to be decided at trial. I suspect
they are making deals with every entity that has patents, clearing the
deck  so it can attack Red Hat and the entire Open Source method of
development. Without any basis in fact. org, and there are many
alternatives. With all our faults and the variety of views, as a group
we will stick together when it counts.
Patent threats, FUD or otherwise, count. It's a matter of respecting
what you call intellectual property.
Because developers love it and understand it and are comfortable with
it. In this agreement, Novell and Microsoft each promise not to sue the
other's customers for patent infringement.
He didn't even wait until the ink was dry. Watch what the children are
able to do, how they can learn even on their own because of the design
of the software.
If we are unable to work the situation out peacefully, that may change.
We strongly challenge those statements here. No IBM executives sent any
directives telling folks to destroy evidence.
I dare anyone to view it and write such nonsense ever again. In this
case, it prefers to reserve its vote until after the air clears and
everyone knows what issues are to be decided at trial.
is asserting against dynamic websites, and in connection with that it
has filed prior art that the USPTO was not aware of when it issued the
two patents in question. But when you see a party suddenly shifting
strategies in the middle of the stream and heading back in the opposite
direction, it usually means they are afraid of drowning.
Nobody on that side seems to have cared much about the end game. It was
he, I've heard, who also arranged for the SCO license.