oct2xls write symbols and Non - standard ascii letters

From: Karin
Subject: oct2xls write symbols and Non - standard ascii letters
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 09:46:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hi!
I am new to octave, but used to MATLAB. From another program I have results.
With this I do some maths with octave without problems. For a nicer form in
my report, I want to write these results to a EXCEL worksheet. In MATLAB I
can write units like mikrogramm per cubicmeter with a greek letter for
'mikro' and the 'cubic' after m a "3" as a superscript to an EXCEl Worksheet
without problems as long as a variable contains these characters.
This script runs with octave without an error:

file_name='test1.xlsx';
xls=xlsopen(file_name,1);

A=cell(2,5);
A(1,:)={'Spalte1','Spalte2/','µg/m³','Spalte4','test'};
A(2,1)=1;
A(2,2)=2;
A(2,3)=3;
A(2,4)=4;
A(2,5)=5;
crange='A5:E6';
wsh='Tab_1';
[xls, rstatus] = oct2xls (A, xls, wsh, crange);
xls = xlsclose (xls);

but if I try to open the file test1.xlsx EXCEL wants to repair the file and
comes back with this error:

Entfernter Teil: /xl/sharedStrings.xml-Part mit XML-Fehler.  (Zeichenfolgen)
Ungültiges xml-Zeichen. Zeile 2, Spalte 260.
Entfernte Datensätze: Zellinformationen von /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml-Part

(sorry for german: "Ungültig" means invalid, "Zeichen" means character)

What shall I do to run it properly?

BG

Karin