Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Nan and write on excel "65535"
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 11:05:39 -0400

On 5/20/19 10:39 AM, shivax via Help-octave wrote:
excuse me

I forgot to mention some features that my code refers to

There's a good writeup of how to ask for help:

https://stackoverflow.com/help/reprex

Other people start with zero information about what you want to accomplish, what data you have, what code you tried, what computer you use, etc. You have to provide this information, hopefully in an organized way that makes it easy to start working on your question.

Try putting yourself in the role of the person you are asking for help: you have to start from scratch, perhaps create a new, empty directory and copy some files you need, and then copy or write some small section of code that demonstrated the problem. If you really follow that 'from scratch' procedure, you'd avoid forgetting to pass on some assumptions or information, because your own example would not work for you.

As a side benefit to this approach, I found that creating such simple example often helped me discover my own mistakes, so I didn't need to ask for help at all because I figured out the issue myself.