RE: Catching Figure close button - callbacks not running?

From: Richardson, Anthony
Subject: RE: Catching Figure close button - callbacks not running?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 18:19:39 +0000

Define a callback for the 'DeleteFcn' property of the current figure window (or
a handle
returned by the figure() function):

   set(gcf, 'DeleteFcn', @(h, e) mycallback(h, e))

The callback will be run when the window is pressed.

Here is a simple (specific) example.  Enter at the command prompt:

   set(gct, 'DeleteFcn' @(h, e) disp('bye bye'))

This will display 'bye bye' in the command window when the window is deleted.

Tony Richardson