Re: help on functions

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: help on functions
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 08:08:53 -0500

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019, 23:32 vempati Sarma <address@hidden wrote:
Is there any work around to navigate to see earlier portion of command window?

in addition to the scroll bar and doc browser,  you can turn on the "pager" function which will paginate long text output like help text.  You can turn this feature on and off using

more on

And

more off

You should see navigation prompts at the bottom for "(f)orward (b)ack (q)uit"

also, be warned that I believe there were issues in older versions of Octave on windows with noticeable delays in output using the pager, although I don't think that has been reported in some time.