Re: RE: scanForArduinos (Vicent)

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: RE: scanForArduinos (Vicent)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 17:48:54 -0500

On 12/5/18 10:55 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Message: 4
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:59:30 -0600 (CST)
From: Vicent <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: RE: scanForArduinos (Vicent)

John Donoghue-3 wrote
When running the arduinosetup command, looking on the Arduino IDE, did you
verify the serial port it detected was OK, set the board type correctly
and
upload the code to the Arduino, (and was it successful)
My board is UNO and in the IDE apears Genuine Uno, I guess it's the same.
The upload is  succesful and the scanForArduinos function is still failing.

John Donoghue-3 wrote
If the scan is still failing, what happens if try to create an Arduino
object:

ar = arduino('/dev/ttyACM0')
I've checked that it'is the same port than when I've uploaded the firmware
to the board.

and I've I got this:

ar = arduino('/dev/ttyACM0')
warning: the 'serial' function is not yet implemented in Octave

Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'serial' undefined near line 28 column 22
error: called from
    __initArduino__ at line 28 column 20
    arduino at line 94 column 16
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373116/scanForArduinos2.png>

That error suggests that the instrument-control package is not installed - or somehow not loaded it is is.

Do you have instrument-control and the arduino package both listed when running from octave:

> pkg list

After running the load for arduino

> pkg load arduino

If you rerun the 'pkg list' command, the arduino and instrument control packages should show a '*' next to them to show that they were loaded.