My compliments to all.
Since I'm a newbie on Octave, I was wondering if you could help me to achieve a small project that I think it's possible with this project (I cant seem to find a similar tool)
I have a data file with about 2000 value lines, organized like this:
I want to find diferent correlations (linear regression with Levenberg–Marquardt or least squares) between the x values and a y or z pair. For instance, between x and y.
So, what I'm trying to do is:
1) Load the file (is there a limit on the load size? If yes, can I load it in sequence by parts?)
2) Define 100 sets of 20 values each (also sequence, from x1 to xn: first from x1 to x20, next from x21 to x41, etc.) or process one set at the time in case of file limits in 1)
3) Define a fitting function
4) Use the same function model to find the best fit for each set
5) Save in a file, the coefficients of those fits.
Can this be done accurately with Octave?
It would save me a lot of programming. The files will soon have about 1 million lines, which is a lot to process.
I would apreciate very much if someone could help me.