Re: Error in initialization

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Error in initialization
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:47:08 +0200

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 10:27 PM Antonio Valente <address@hidden> wrote:
Em sáb, 15 de set de 2018 às 12:53, Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> escreveu:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 5:25 PM Antonio Valente <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Octave support,

I'm having a error with the software when initializing it, here is the error print:

image.png

Could you help me fix it?

Best regards
--
Antônio Valente Figueiredo Torres
Graduando em Engenharia Elétrica | Universidade Federal de Itajubá

Depending on where you initialize which software for what reason, from your error message I conclude the following:

- You are using Windows "C:/Users..."
- You already started some version of Octave or are about to start it ">>"

From this I can only give you two general advises for Windows [1]:

1. Avoid spaces in paths.
2. Avoid non-ASCII characters in paths.

Both rules are violated with your path, better would be "C:/Users/Antonio_Valente". Otherwise you have to make sure to properly put marks, e.g. " or ', around every path you are calling.

HTH,
Kai