Re: operator +: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 10x10, op2 is 10x9)

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: operator +: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 10x10, op2 is 10x9)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 08:55:43 -0700

On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 08:42:14 -0500, Beginner1 wrote:
> That's the problem I am pointing out in octave. Octave simplifies the matrix
> by removing rows if the row is entirely zero. And this does not allow me to
> make the sum or multiplication of matrixes since they do not coincide in
> dimensions because of this simplification.

Octave does not do this in general.

If you are right, that the A and B matrix should have 10 rows instead of
9 for this specific system, then it may be a bug in the control package.
If you want to help improve Octave, please file a bug report at

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

with the specifics of how the system is created, what you get, and what
you expect the result to be instead.

If you don't want to help improve Octave, then there are many ways to
pad the array with zeros to account for this in your own script.

--
mike