Sundials and pthread issues

From: autodidact
Subject: Sundials and pthread issues
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 10:30:20 -0700 (MST)

I got the development version  of octave from the mercurial repo and tried
compiling it but I am getting these warnings:

checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library does not include the IDADENSE
linear solver, ode15i and ode15s will be disabled
configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with IDAKLU, ode15i
and ode15s will not support the sparse Jacobian feature

I already installed the sundials-devel rpm package and I have glibc which
contains pthread. Configure's output does show that it finds pthread.h so
I'm not sure why it can't find pthread. The output of running configure is
on  pastebin <https://pastebin.com/3bjVn055>  . I've highlight the important
bits to make skimming the code easier.