Re: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 07:18:07 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: John W. Eaton
> To: mmuetzel ; help-octave
> Date: 2018/5/7, Mon 02:47
> Subject: Re: Re: Unofficial octave 4.4.0 Windows binary with large arrays
>
> On 05/05/2018 02:41 PM, mmuetzel wrote:
>>  I thought that the 64-bit version of Octave now supported large arrays by
>>  default.
>
> It does.
>
>>  But I now see that the official Windows build was configured with
>>  "--disable-64". Was that intended?
>
> No, that was a mistake.
>
> I'll upload a build with the correct 64-bit indexing and 32-bit BLAS and
> other Fortran libraries soon.  This configuration is the same as is typical
> for
> all other systems where the system BLAS, LAPACK, and other Fortran libraries
> are
> built with the default 32-bit INTEGER type.
>
> jwe
Sorry I have misled.  However, it is a good thing that my foolish performance
was a chance
that you noticed your mistake.

I have re-read NEWS.
The option --enable-fortran-int64 enables to use "BLAS  LAPACK  QRUPDATE
ARPACK"

SuiteSparse internally used BLAS and LAPACK and --enable-fortran-int64 makes
SuiteSparse handle large arrays?

How about glpk  Qhull?
Are patches for two libraries required to use large arrays in these libraries?

Tatsuro