How to edit new file in current directory ?

From: Stephan Goldenberg
Subject: How to edit new file in current directory ?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 14:59:36 +0100

Hi,

I'm a bit confused. This used to work, I don't know if there was an update...

When I try to edit a new file Octave is looking for this file in $HOME/octave instead of the actual directory.

>> pwd
ans = /home/oppa/Dokumente/edX/EPFL/octave/chapter4
>> edit test.m
cp: cannot create regular file '/home/oppa/octave/test.m': No such file or directory

It was asking to create a new file in the actual directory. Is this a bug or what is going on ? How can I edit a new file in the actual directory ?

Have a nice weekend,
Stephan