Issue with symbolic package on Octave 4.2.1 on windows 10 PC

From: anoop joshi
Subject: Issue with symbolic package on Octave 4.2.1 on windows 10 PC
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 00:03:22 +0530

Hi,

I had installed octave version 4.2.1 and loaded the symbolic package on a windows 10 PC (64 bit OS). But when I run "syms x" to test if the package is working, I get the error:
"Closing the Python pipe...
error: ipc_popen2: something unexpected has gone wrong in starting python
error: called from
         python_ipc_popen2 at line 138 column 7....."

I have python 2.7 installed
 I tried adding the path of my python installation library "C:\Python27" under "Path" inside environmental variables, but not helping unfortunately.

It'd be great if someone could share their thoughts on what may be wrong here, or a workaround

--
Anoop Joshi Veliyath
Senior Design Engineer