Re: Octave for Slacko Puppy 6.3.2

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave for Slacko Puppy 6.3.2
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 12:16:03 -0700

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 12:55:55 -0500, P V wrote:
> I am currently learning Octave. The machine that I have access to has a
> Slacko Puppy OS. I was unable to find any Octave installers for this
> version of Linux. Do you have a link to one that I can install on my
> computer? I'd appreciate if you can share a link.

I am not sure whether Slacko Puppy Linux is based on Slackware or
Ubuntu, I have found conflicting information suggesting it may be based
on either.

If it is based on Ubuntu, you can try installing Octave from the
official Ubuntu repositories or from the stable backport repository that
I maintain at https://launchpad.net/~octave/+archive/ubuntu/stable.

If it is based on Slackware, you can try installing with the SlackBuild
at http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/academic/octave/.

--
mike