Re: Read serial data directly into Octave

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Read serial data directly into Octave
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 20:09:50 +0200

Am 15.08.2017 um 19:49 schrieb themattdiaz:
> It seems when using srl_read I get one of two things: the message "error:
> serial: Error opening the interface: Access is denied". Or Octave will
> simply not run the program and will freeze, requiring me to force close it
> using task manager. Why am I getting the access is denied message? Also what
> could be causing Octave to freeze in such a manner?

Difficult to say. Are you sure there is a COM4 on your Windows and no
other programm is using it?

I would really suggest to make a loopback (connect Pin2+3 on your SUB-D
9pol connector) and first check if you get an echo. Are you using some
sort of USB to serial adapter?

With the loopback installed, try sending some bytes in Octave (for
example "hello world") and try to read it back.

-- Andy